Company Profile on Google (formerly known as Google My Business) - is a free solution from Google that allows you to create and manage a Google business card easily.
Google's business card is one of the most effective tools that marketers can use When working with local companies. Without a Company Profile on Google, our potential customers may have trouble finding the company if they want to "get things done" physically on site.
Is it worth setting up a Google business card?
Studies have shown that 88% consumers, who are looking for local products or services using a mobile device, will call or visit the store within 24 hours.
What's more, 97% consumers say they learn more about local businesses online than from any other source. Both of these impressive numbers underscore the importance of local businesses developing an online presence.
Creating a Google business profile for local companies is one of the first steps that should be taken to make potential customers aware of its existence.
Correct configuration is crucial, because not only will it help your business be found, but it will also position your business above the competition, so you are able to generate inquiries about your offerings or the products you sell in your store.
Another important factor is the possibility of opinion gathering, which allow others to make decisions. In order to get positive feedback, you must provide high quality service or a high level of customer service. Otherwise, negative reviews can scare away potential customers, who choose to cancel our services or products.
How to create a Google business card step by step
Before you create a Company Profile on Google, you will need to create a Google account.
Google accounts are available free of charge to everyone. If you have a Google account with an @gmail.com address, then start with step number 2.
- You can use an existing email address to set up your Google account or create a new one. To do so, visit https://accounts.google.com/ and select "Create an account" if you do not have an @gmail.com email.
- Visit Google's Company Profile page. Once you have your new email address, go here: https://www.google.com/business/ and click "Manage" to get started.
- To start, enter your company's details to see if a profile with that name already exists. If it does, you will see it appear as you type it in. If the company name does not appear, then go ahead and click "Create a company with this name."
- If someone has already created a profile for your company, don't worry. You can request that the management of the profile be transferred to you. Just click "Request Access" and you will be guided through the process.
- If you are creating a new profile, the next step is to add a business name and category. The name you use here should exactly match the official name of the business, and it's a good idea to add keywords, Thanks to which our company will be found more easily. If you run a pet store named XYZ, you can name your Google business card, for example, „XYZ Zoological Shop Warsaw” or „Zoological Shop Warsaw XYZ”. Then choose the category that best fits the business. You'll have the option to edit this category in your profile later, as well as add additional categories, so don't worry if you're not completely sure what to choose now.
- Does the company have a physical location? If the company has a physical location that customers can visit to interact face-to-face, then you need to make that information available now. If this is the case, select "Yes" and click "Next." If the company only operates online or has a physical location but does not receive customers in person, select "No."
- Enter the company's location. If the company has a physical location, you can now enter its address. You may be asked to place a pin on the map to confirm the location. It is important that the address you enter is accurate and complete to avoid customer confusion or problems with the verification process.
- Does the company provide home delivery or visits to customers? If it is a service company or if the company delivers products to customers' homes, select "Yes" in the next step.
- If you select "Yes," you will had to enter the areas the company serves or supplies. You'll be able to go back and edit this information later, as well as add new locations as your business grows.
- Add contact information. The next step is to add contact information for the company. You need to enter a phone number, and you also have the option to add the company's website. If the company does not have a website, check this box. If a website is created later, you will be able to add this information.
- Stay informed. Before you go to verify the company, you will be asked if you want to receive helpful tips and recommendations from Google. While there is no obligation to do so, receiving such information can be beneficial.
- Verify the company. In this step, choose a verification method to prove that the company is operating at the given address. Receiving a letter in the mail to the company's address is the most common method of verification, But you may also be able to make it by phone or email.
- Add business hours. Adding your hours of operation is essential so that potential customers know when they can visit or contact you. It is important that the hours listed are accurate, and you should always edit this information if your opening hours change - whether permanently or temporarily.
- Add Messages. Accepting messages from potential customers within the Company Profile on Google is. A great way to connect with your audience and drive sales. However, you should only enable this feature if you can commit to managing it consistently. Failure to respond to messages will create a poor user experience and can damage your company's reputation.
- Add a company description. Accurately describing and introducing your company will help consumers see if it's a good fit for their needs. You can enter up to 750 characters in this section, so be sure to use this opportunity to present the most important information in a clear and concise manner. It is worth including here the most important information that potential customers may be looking for.
- Add Photos. Adding photos is a fantastic way to help searchers visualize your business and get to know your brand. Customers can add their own photos to the listing, and some will choose to do so by leaving you a review on Google. Keep in mind that you won't have any control over the order in which the photos appear in the listing, so it's a good idea to have some of your own photos mixed in with the user-generated content. Make sure you showcase different aspects of your products and services, as well as different areas of your physical location.
Google business profile optimization
Once your Google business card is ready, it's time to think about how best to optimize it to maximize visibility and conversions.
Some very important activities include:
- Adding new photos and videos,
- Using Google Business Profile Q&A to connect with your audience and answer their questions,
- Create posts on Google's business profile to showcase offers and promotions,
- Mentioning services, products or menu items,
- A very accurate description of the company,
- A well thought out name for the Company Profile on Google,
- Asking for reviews of their current and former customers. The best way to apply only about the positive ones, because the negative ones, although they can be a valuable hint for us, some people may take it badly and abandon our services.
The article discusses the key steps you need to take to properly set up a free Google business card for your local business. Google Business Card is one of the most effective tools that marketers can use to increase a local company's visibility in Google search results and provide access to important information, such as address, phone number, opening hours and details of your offer to potential customers. To set up a Google business card, you must first create a Google My Business account and fill in all the required information about your business. It is also important to regularly update your information and responding to feedback customers.